Friday, January 29, 2010

Getting Flashed at the bus stop..

So after recounting this story to both FB and friends I feel I must give it a mention in my blog. ( who’s layout has changed by the way , the red was making me crazy! ) .. So Wednesday started off normal.. I got a call from a friend who needed someone to talk to so I invited her over, we made some tea, and just talked, made lunch , joked around until it was time to go to work. We make our way to the bus stop, I am at the last stop so we often have to wait for the bus driver to finish his smoke/ gamble/ café or whatever he does when he highlights it outta the bus..




Before I talk about the “Flasher”, I feel I should mention that the little town I live in ( suburbs of Florence ) is one of the towns where everyone knows your business and there seems to be a never ending parade of elderly people. Even I know the barber had an affair with one of the women in the town and that her husband took her back and the women who own the little clothes shop are swingers.. Ect ect.. So I would have NEVER expected “Mr. Pants on the ground “ to show up on my side of town.. Piazza Michelangelo ( got flashed there too! ) maybe but Girone?



So me and my friend Gianna were sitting on the bus when she starts cracking up.. She says a guy is over there peeing on the fence in front of the bus stop ( I should mention the bus stop is also in front of a busy street and piazza ) . Well peeing in public isn’t the most abnormal thing I have seen here.. At the station I saw a “little person” drop her pants and squat in front of everyone ( obviously she had mental problems ) and then get on a bus and say “CIAO” to the first person she saw.. So I brushed off Gianna.. And was like “eh cosi”



But then.. ( insert scary music here ) .. We noticed that he WASN’T going away and he was staring at us . We’re probably about 20 feet away and Inside a pretty full bus but nevertheless it was FREAKY! He was fully clothed, seemed to be in his mid-twenties, had a pony-tail ( ugh) and sunglasses/. The only thing different about him was the fact that he had his “pene” out in t he air . A mighty cold air might I mention.. So we quickly look away and he walks away but then he turns around and sorts of makes a stance like “LOOK AT ME”.. this proceeded for about 10 minutes with us going “um does anyone else see this? “ and the Italians on the bus ( mostly older ) either didn’t care or didn’t want to know..



The best part was the fact that the carabieniri and the police were INSIDE the Piazza but just sat in their cars.. Soo… that was MY WEDNESDAY!
 
to diffuse the grossness that was this post.. I will include some fun pictures.. ( NOT OF him.. but the New Ben & Jerrys in Florence..
 
I had to post this to prove that it exists! Phish food here I come!


t-man and my friend Madeleine and the cutest dogs I have ever seen


Gianna and I at an international dinner.. spinach artichoke dip made an appearance


t-man and gianna looking like Italians.. smoking and bored.. i kid i kid


yes those are BLUE drinks.. that can't be good..


me and my Frenchies.. and alot of wine.. what did you expect?


and last but not least, my friend just posted this from the wedding.. Texas wedding 09!

and thats all folks..

2 comments:

Katja said...

Oh my god, G! I'm not sure whether to laugh or be totally outraged at that story. I always think of flashing being pretty harmless (gross, but harmless), but then as S pointed out on the Pink, it might lead to something far nastier. *shudders* Glad to hear that in your case it was just a bit of a shock, rather than anything scarier. I can't believe the Carabinieri just ignored it, though! That's shocking.

Ggnitaly84 said...

yeah I def. understand the comments on pinkforum but honestly it wasn't that big of a deal.. after all it was mid-day and the bus was full of people..it was actually more hilarious than anything.. and disturbing.. an english friend of mine got flashed by a short indian man in florence who actually said to her " do you like what you see"... so i suppose it could have been worse!