Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Another story morning glory..


Tommaso with our AWESOME pumpkin.. I am quite proud!

...
another photo of the pumpkin


pumpkin in the window.. eery!!!!!!!!!


The inside of our "Palazzo Vecchio" where politics take place in Florence.. impressive

yes this is where i belong.. giving a speech in the palazzo vecchio in firenze.. magari!

This room made me think of my father who loves to collect maps/globes .. very impressive maps btw..

me at the festival delle creativita.. weird chair that somewhat resembled a inner tube covered in velcro..


Pomegranates from Tommasos uncles garden.. HUGE and quite wonderful ! ahh tommaso!

ok so I got it in my head to post more pictures of my daily life since frankly , its more appealing to the eye and makes me seem less frustrated than my earlier posts hehe.. I really am a happy person , its just when im happy im not usually at home writing a blog ( except for this morning! ) ..

Its late October.. work has been going well, the mullet-3 wheeled car was broken monday so I didnt take the kids i teach english to tennis, i suppose i am more worthy as a driver than an english speaker .. like i didnt already know that! yesterday I met a girl ( Gianna) who will be working with insiderabroad with me ( thank god! ) .. and we spent a great brunch drinking coffee/eating bagels and recounting our lives stories.. I can pretty much tell in 5 minutes whether or not I "click" with a person and she was such a sweet girl! More good times ahead I presume, and the fact that she was from Boston gave her some points.. everyone I have ever met from there is amazing.. why was I born in Texas? i kid i kid

so work has been going better, i have developed more of a selling routine and am MUCH less nervous getting out there and selling .. I believe in insiderabroad very much and I even though its slow going for ad sales in Florence, i do see potential.. most italians are like "what the hell are you selling or why should i spent money on this instead of buying google search words ".. but the more resistence I get the more passionate i get.. at least at  this moment. wait until next blog! LOL

I love october-nov-dece. something about the winter-fall that gets me excited! ironic since i was born in the summer and i HATE it,, to hot, sticky, no air conditioning.. while winter style is sooo much more fun. boots, scarves, sweaters, hats.. i never got to do that in texas!

I feel less-stressed than before but I am still very aware of the problems to come with italian bereaucracy..

tonight im going to dinner with friends since Allie ( an american friend who is going through similar visa problems) is going home to get her visa and work a bit before coming home ( to fLorence :) ) . .. is leaving.. pizza and laughter.. what more could you want.. ( 2,000,000 euros would be nice ) ..

so until then.. have a glass of wino on me!

3 comments:

Audra said...

I'm just now starting to read your blog. Thanks for the lovely comments on expats!

I look forward to seeing what you have to say on here :)

And cute pumpkin! Good job!

Katja said...

EXCELLENT pumpkin, G!

Ggnitaly84 said...

thanks ladies! its the first pumpkin tommaso has ever attempted and his italians parents were in awe ( so easy to please.. i LOVE it ) .. hope yalls halloween was great!