Monday, May 31, 2010

Food overdose , guess that "career " as a top model is over lol..

Can you overdose on good food? Well you can certainly feel bloated and kick up those exercise gears up a notch!….




Food, food, and alas…more food! I feel like the past few weeks have been dominated with all that I love about Italy.. And more.. T-mans mom had the relatives over last week and what does that mean in our house? Um… try 2 days of planning, getting out the good China and hijacking our “kitchen” downstairs.. I pretty retreated to the cave like comfort of our bedroom while mamma executed the lunch layout with military like precision..



Needless to say lunch was fantastic.. Antipasto, lasagna, grilled meats and veggies and dessert… wine was flowing and eventually the lemon cello too.. Plus meeting his second cousins was a great experience, I am so grateful and happy to speak Italian well enough to actually ( finally ) show my personality and not just fall flat like many learning a second language.. One thing ive learned in Italy is to be respected you need to take (sarcasm ) and dish it out and you will be loved.. Hah that I can do!



Besides amazing lunch we hit up a sagra ( food festival ) of steak in the countryside, Sagginale to be exact.. In the middle of nowhere there was a Texas like layout of tables, grills, people and boy did we eat… a HUGE steak , first plate of pasta, fries, wine, water and dessert for 12 euros each, your NEVER going to find THAT in the center of Florence.. That about covers wine and the coperto ( cover charge ) ..


Gianna holding up a steak even texas would be proud of!


I can't help it.. i like MEAT


italy IS like texas... sort of.. well theres a horse..


with the girlies..



We also checked out the “terra futuro” at the fortezza which was interesting, possibly my fav part was the old man wrapped in toilet paper walking around an handing people toilet paper flowers… I doubt he was part of the program but alas… it made me laugh..



And the gelato festival? Don’t even get me started…



Food hangover… ensues.. Now how to fit in the clothes I got for Barcelona.. A better question..

No comments: